Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rise and Shine



On Tuesday I went into the Pre-K classroom first thing in the morning. This was a totally different setting than we are used to seeing after school. The students came in one by one. I helped them work on their coloring and number matching assignment. I found that while the atmosphere was very different there were similarities as well. Just as with the various locomotor movements, with the coloring and classwork, there was a wide range in skill level. Some students needed to be proded and helped along the whole way, while others were able to work independently after being told how to do the assignment just once. After the students finished their assignment they were allowed to have some free time where they could play. However, this was also different from after school activities. The students had to keep their noise level down and were reminded that they could not get too loud. This is much different that after school where the students get so loud at times they scream. I enjoyed being able to work with the various students on a one to one level. I felt like I had the chance to get to know them a bit better, while they got a chance to see a different side of me. I am truly glad that I had the opportunity to see this different side of the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment